Thursday, February 2, 2012

Phil?! Phil Connors?!

Sorry about the week-long break, I was just busy....yeah, busy....

Ok you got me, I wasn't busy, per-se, but I have been tending to this cutie:

Isn't he such a looker?

To be honest, lately my days have been so reminiscent of Groundhog Day that I'm often surprised I don't run into Ned over and over again. I even wake up to the same song every morning.

I, my dear friends, am the instigator and upholder of boring.

Sure, I could blame it on Finn and say things like, "How am I supposed to shake up my routine when I've got a toddler to look after?!" But I'm pretty sure if Finn could talk he'd say something like, "Hey mom, let's shake it up and go to the zoo or something. Let's blow this joint".

Oy vey. We need help, Finn and I.

To break out of our rut I started taking Finn to a morning aerobics/playgroup class. And while the class is surprisingly hard (I don't give the girls in our ward enough credit...that, and the uber-competitive side of me thinks I'm so good I can kick anyone's trash WHILE pregnant...not true), its giving Finn a chance to socialize with other kids which is nice.

So far, the only friends he's made there is with all of their germs, though. He's had a nasty bug for the past two days that has kept us home and pajama bound.

Finn being sick- bad. Finn being sick and falling asleep in our bed- good, because I got to watch him sleep which makes my heart all melty.

I'm shouldn't complain, though...we are leaving for Southern California on Tuesday(!) which will definitely be exciting in every aspect.
Except the the flying on a small plane with a toddler on my ever-shrinking lap part. Finn likes to lean right on baby who leans right into bladder, you get the idea.

I'm going to guarantee myself an empty seat for Finn by explaining to the stewardess that if this kid sits on my lap any longer I'm gonna pee my pants.

Works like a charm.

I assume.


And totally unrelated, it's not a great picture but he loves his $1 step stool:

King of the living room!

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happened to us. Our ward started doing an exercise playgroup. Babies don't play so great with the big kid toys though. I can't really leave them there. Lots of choking worthy items came with the older children. And they get knocked over a lot - other kids aren't being mean, just, it happens. So even though they spent most of their time in the stroller, we still ended up with RSV. I really can't wait until summer time when the park is more of an option and colds and things are less rampant. And maybe, just maybe, W won't try and eat everyone else's food...

    Hope your trip is fun! Good luck flying :)

    ReplyDelete