Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can Someone Get Me a Frilly Apron?!

Guys, Pintrest has turned me into a crafting housewife....

Scary business.

Note: I haven't actually figured out how to pin anything or interact socially on the site, I just browse other people's goodies. Is that taboo? Can someone help me out here before they uninvite me?!

Not only have I begun getting supplies to reupholster things and paint things (myself, thank you very much. You may now disregard my previous post), but today I made an asian noodle salad to eat for lunch for the week and I made a marinade for chicken I plan to cook...tonight.

I'm saving recipes left and right, yo. It's what happens when you're home all day and just so damn tired of eating the same five meals over and over again.

The whole prep-and-caboodle took a good 45 minutes, and that was with my brother helping me. I was sweating afterwards and I'd only chopped veggies.

I'll tell Luke it's a belated Valentine's day dinner, just so he doesn't start, you know, expecting it on a regular basis. And don't you guys start expecting it either. This blog isn't turning how-to anytime soon.

Speaking of Luke...here's his shout out: He got me a lovely bouquet of red roses and a beautiful sterling silver necklace with a bird charm on it, in honor of our little 'bird', as we call her, fluttering away in my belly :) Precious.

Speaking of my belly: Today in my morning strength training class, a couple of the ladies there commented on how 'small' I was for 24 weeks (Moment to brag: they also commented on how impressed they were that I was even there, and I didn't even mention that I'd been on the elliptical for an hour at 5:30 this morning. Bragging over. Hey, I'm proud of my hard work!)

Anywho, at first I was like sweet! And then I was like wait! does that mean they think I am a sub-par pregnant person? Shouldn't they just be saying how normal sized I look?! Shoot!

Ah, the delusions of pregnancy paranoia. It never ends but it gets old real fast. Real fast.

Because I know that if they had said, "24 weeks?! You're huge!" they would have all gotten a nice little bitch-slap across the face.

And if someone tells me I look normal, well, I'll probably find a reason to worry about that, too. Just give me time, I can worry about ANYTHING. It's a gift.

And that's all I have to say about that. Because really, this belly here looks perfect to me:

I'm not going to lie, I had to push it out pretty far to get it in the shot, so I'm not that big...

In other news, Finn and I made it home to Utah fine and dandy yesterday. For the first time ever, he didn't sleep at all on the plane which was stressful until I decided chill out about it (imagine that). We had a row to ourselves so he just fiddled with the armrest and played peek-a-boo with some lady across the aisle. Who am I to interfere with the easily entertained?

Once on home soil, I was initially in a bad mood because frankly, I wanted to be in California still. But then Luke picked us up at the airport on his lunch break and there's nothing better than seeing your handsome hubby waiting for you, right? And then he surprised me with flowers and then Nick came over and I snapped this beauty and darnit if that bad mood didn't just disappear like that. Whatever that may be.

Happiness = a flying baby

And now I am off to scrub the ginger and cilantro smell off of my hands because, you know, I've been cooking and stuff...no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment