Monday, February 13, 2012

Gettin' Crafty...

I don't want to leave tomorrow (!)...but I desperately miss the hubsters. And Nicholas!

Conundrum.

It's been so great to be out here in SoCal the past week. I've met up with friends, I've gone shopping everyday (sorry, Finn), my mom and I had all the obligatory mommy-daughter lunches (which is what I miss the most now she's out here...), and today I had a glorious hour and a half of time to run errands sans baby. I actually got to peruse through two stores without having to worry about any Finnanigans (Finn + shenanigans = Finnanigans. Enjoy that one).

But since I know that all good/great/fantastic things must come to an end I've got a whole slew of projects lined up for me in Utah. What kind of projects?

Craft-y projects...

...gasp!...

Seeing as I am the LEAST artistically-inclined person in the world, this is kind of a big leap for me. Thankfully, the majority of these crafts involve me buying fabric and materials to give to other people who can, you know, thread a needle and such.

(I've got the vision. Other people have the talent. I'm just keepin' the universe balanced, people)

So, I've bought fabric for a car seat cover...to have Luke's mom sew for me.

And I need to find the perfect frames for the prints...I paid to have someone paint.

And then I bought a bird cage as a decoration for baby girl's room...which I need to find and buy some birds to put in it.

And last but not least, I'm looking for fabric for some chairs that we inherited with our apartment...so that Luke can reupholster them.

For me, this whole 'craft' business is easy!

In any case, this is the fabric I bought for baby girl's car seat cover:

...you just died from cute-overload, didn't you? Don't worry, you'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. That is totally adorable. I want to make a cover for C's new seat. We got a Britax....black and grey...b/c it's the only color it comes in. So I need to pink it up. Pink and green - that's the vision. I saw a cover someone made for that seat on Etsy and it was adorable. Anyway - love Finnanigans, and can't wait for pics of the nursery when you're all done.

    ReplyDelete