I've eaten, taken my vitamins and gone to the bathroom.
I've got my SmartWater (hoping some of the smart-ness seeps into my brain through osmosis)...
So, I'm ready, right?
Wrong! I need to go get a notebook! To write down the answers! Doi!
And so it goes...studying for the GRE. I've bought the nerdy study book, but I'll admit, I haven't cracked it open once. Hopefully the admissions board isn't spying on me through the window. I've got my eye open for any bespectacled person in a sweater vest and loafers...that is what people on the BYU admissions board look like, right?
Right.
Now that Luke is an official employee of the good ol' Y as a Systems Engineer (an AMAZING job/opportunity for him/us in it's own right), I decided I take the opportunity of greatly, greatly discounted tuition and apply for theBYU Master's program. Hopefully in creative writing.
Key word: apply. As in, they have to let me in. As in, they probably take one look at my undergrad overall GPA and dismiss me before ever reading my utterly witty and fantastically persuasive Letter of Intent....that I haven't written yet.
And before all this even happens, I'll have to(re) enter the terrifying world of standardized test and take the GRE....which has math on it. MATH. I haven't done that in....4 years, at least. And I wasn't good at it then. I almost wanted to ask if that part was excluded for English Majors...but I didn't want to start of on an even worse foot. Here's to hoping they throw in a few times tables questions and call it good.
So, I've got the Princeton Review and now all I need is divine intervention, a small miracle, and some notebooks....you can't start studying without notebooks, you know.
"Cracking the GRE"? More like, "Crack while Studying for the GRE"



I'm not gonna lie, one of the main reasons I chose to go to law school was that the LSAT doesn't require any math. I literally do not know how to add fractions any more. It's extremely pathetic. Good luck with that :)
ReplyDeleteHaha - yeah. Good luck. I disliked it a lot because of the whole computer system. You can't skip questions and go back to them, so make sure you take the practice tests that way. It really threw me off, especially on the math section. The department should have their minimum scores they like somewhere on their admissions page - the departments I looked at do. Just one more thing to have a goal for I guess :P
ReplyDelete