Here's the backstory (aren't you guys glad I always give you a backstory?! I'm thorough like that)...ok, here it goes: My mom and I have a few things in common: We wear the same size clothes, and we have similar tastes in clothes and bags (not shoes! We do NOT have similar tastes in shoes... Did I make that clear?).
We kind of have matching closets. I don't know why we buy two of everything because we could basically just share. And what doesn't match I took from her closet and put it in mine. Or vice versa.
This means that every year (ok, twice a year...once again at christmas, so shoot me) I go shopping for my mom and ultimately end up buying something for me...but wrapped up for her.
I intend on stealing the present I bought. Worst. Daughter. Ever.
And everyone knows it, too. It's the running gag in the family...like, "Hey Brittany, buy yourself another present for mom's birthday?"
I really should feel worse than I actually do.
And here we are again...8 days away from her somethingth birthday and the package wrapped up in the closet is calling my name. Briiiiittttany. Wear me and pretend that you bought it for yourself even though everyone will know the truuuuuuth.
Shut up, present. Just shut it.

I wish I could show a picture to prove it but she is about as elusive as Big Foot when it comes to photographs...so just trust me on this one...



No comments:
Post a Comment