Monday, July 11, 2011

Adios!

Luke started his new job today. He's a programmer for BYU now.

I'm one proud wifey, let me tell you.

But that means that the two of us have officially left Five Star Painting behind.

I probably spent more time in that office than I did at home in the 2 years I was there, and the same goes for Luke for the year he was there. Heck, Finn basically grew up (in-utero) there.

Don't get me wrong, I have some fond(ish) memories of the place. Can you say free air conditioning? And not-so-secret crossword puzzle competitions with the gals (riveting, I know)...

...and there was the one time I got prank called by a Winnipeg radio station. Where I was on-air...live...telling them I would contact an estimator to see if we could, in fact, remove the paint from their cat's fur. (If you couldn't tell, I didn't catch on very fast to that one. Whoops.)

And besides the almost-slave-labor-wages, lack of overtime/vacation hours/lunch breaks, late nights and angry customers, I'm sure that, in a moment of weakness, we'll miss them.

*Tear*
Thanks for the memories...and free office supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment