Anyway, I think the road to obesity may be paved with the same stuff.
Here's the back story, people. Today, I'm feeding Finn one of my wonderful baby-food concoctions and I think to myself, "What is this green mess? Oh yeah, spinach, cauliflower and tofu...eeeeeew."
(P.S. He ate it and liked it...so he's either really hungry...or has no taste buds)
(P.P.S. I thought about trying the food just to see if it wasn't so bad, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Bad sign, right there)
And then I thought, "Shoot. If someone was forcing me to eat this I would run out to McDonalds ASAP and get myself a Big Mac to make up for this nastiness."
And now I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen as soon as Finn figures out how to get his teething keys into the ignition of the car. He'll be in the drive through at Mickey D's making up for all the months he was forced to eat my healthy, spinach-infused, culinary masterpieces.
He'll be one of those kids at school trading his tofurkey for a twinkie at lunch...or throwing it out and buying a twinkie. (Because let's face it, what kid wants to trade his twinkie for tofurkey?)
And all because I'm gunning for that Mother of the Year Award...or at least MOTYA Greatest Food Maker.
Riiiiiight.
But don't worry...we have fun, too. I let him go nuts on a bowl of spaghetti and sauce and this was the end (happy!) result. He loves to feed himself which is nice in that messy kind of way.



No comments:
Post a Comment