Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Like a Hobbit Without All the Hair...

Hear that? That's me giving myself some well deserved pats on the freaking back over here. Or it could just be my sausage feet thumping across the floor...to be explained.

Not only did I use my new sewing machine, but I actually made something with it (an accomplishment I was doubting would ever happen as it sat in our kitchen for a couple of days...taunting me).

I even went so far as to go to a class at Joann's before I started all this business. I use the term 'class' lightly...it was me and the teacher. Who insisted on showing me all the fancy stitches and explaining to me how simple all my projects were. And I was like, 'lady, I've never sewed in a straight line before...nothing about this is simple. I don't even know what you're talking about half the time.'

But, you know, in not so many words. I'm very polite like that.

In any case, I shall now reveal my masterpieces:
My first attempts with the machine=burp cloths. Because what better to start out with than something that is supposed to be spit up one? Still, I made them fabulous.

A loooong blanket that Finn is using. right. now. Soft fabrics reveal a whole new side of Finn...as in, he rubs it all over his face and coos like a pigeon. He's manly like that.

And last but not least, this whole sewing thing made my feet swell up to sausage proportions. I don't know how and I don't know why. But my feet look ridiculous right now.

See what I mean? Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm ALSO figuring out how to sew things right now! And my sewing machine is totally portable! (Or so the box tells me. Apparently I can take it to my "sewing club.") Anyway, we should have a sewing party. Or just an eating party. Whichever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sitting does it - totally. My feet did that with the twins when I'd sit. Well, by the end my feet did that no matter what unless they were propped nearly straight up in the air. I love the machine! It's so pretty....lol. I have a babylock that came with a bag with handles. I won't lie. It totally influenced my purchase. It's the same as Heidi's if you've seen hers. Your projects look great! Just keep it up and over time you get really good at all the little stuff that makes projects go faster. I'm excited for you - sewing is fun. Though after a while you do end up with a lot of blankets. I love making blankets. At least you always have enough, right? lol.

    ReplyDelete