We'll say I took this picture...because my photography skills never do anything justice. Trust me.She's pretty big and expensive, but a real beauty, no? All vintage-y and stuff. 160th Anniversary Singer. All of that.
Did I mention I've never used a sewing machine before?
Thankfully, Luke grew up in home with a wonderfully craft-y mother and no sisters. Which means his poor mother was left with no protege and Luke was taught to sew at an early age. Which means he just taught me what a 'bobbin' was. Seriously...
Joanne's offers free classes, too. Truly a blessing for this desperate novice. Plus, I'm always game for classes taught by the geriatric crowd. I feel like I belong...
In any case, I'm very excited to start making things. All sorts of things. Ask me to make something! Anything! And in a couple of months I'm sure I'll figure it out
This is what happens when a stay-at-home mom with no discernable talents and nothing to do all day is left to her own devices...she gets a sewing machine and dreams of quilts, baby blankets and all those really cool things people post on pintrest....it is also the reason why regretsy.com exists....



No comments:
Post a Comment