Monday, March 19, 2012

29 Weeks!

29 weeks, baby! Officially in the THIRD trimester. Third out of three(!). It is an ah-mazing feeling being this (relatively) close the end.

And all I need to do is buy a mattress for her crib. She'd appreciate that, I'm sure. And diapers. And convince Finn that he's not the center of the universe. We'd all appreciate that. That boy is spoiled with attention. I can't help myself.

Ok, so I'm not completely ready. But my sweet double stroller is set to arrive tomorrow. Don't fret, you'll see it. I will not be able to contain it's awesomeness.

But I am feeling fantastic still which is a humungo blessing when you're chasing around the energizer bunny of toddlers. He's an outdoorsman, what can I say?

So far, this is what this pregnancy has to offer me:

-Major heartburn. WAY worse than it was with Finn. Its like, all day everyday. Fruit is the worst. Citrus fruit is the worstest. And what do I like eating the most? Cruelly, fruit.

-Swollen feet but only at night. Which means my Birkenstocks that I was forced to buy around this time with Finn are still safely tucked unfashionably in the back of my closet.

-Lots of workout time. I'm still up at the gym at 5:45am most mornings and do a second strength or pilates workout later in the day. This is not to say IN ANY WAY that my weight is a lot less than I want it to be. It just means that I'm eating tons and it's not totally out of control. Blessing in disguise? We'll call it that.

- What I like to call the 'crazybelly' (yes, it must be all one word). This chica chica is unbelievably active most of the time. I see my belly moving in approximately 14 different directions at once and have been known to verbally tell her to stop freaking me out.

-An awesome post-baby wardrobe. I can't pass the Gap without buying something that I cannot wait to wear once little birdy gets here. I have, basically, their whole summer collection but I can't wear it yet. The suspense is killing me...but its keeping me going. And keeping me working out because dammit, I will fit into my skinny jeans like, stat.

The next two and a half months promise nursery refining, baby craft making and refraining from shopping for superfluous fabric and clothes...I'm going to try real hard on that one. Real hard.

It certainly is a belly...

No comments:

Post a Comment