So yesterday Finn and I were doing the dreaded, loathed, and all around disliked task of grocery shopping.
(I don't know why I hate it so much. It probably has something to do with the fact that we live in a condo on the third floor so I can never get Finn AND the groceries up the stairs and I have to leave them in the car until Luke can come help. Is this what it's going to be like with a second kid??! 'Hey Luke, I could get both kids up the stairs, so I left one in the car...' Joking! I joke! Jeez. The main point of this aside is that I don't like to leave a job unfinished, nor do I like dislocating my shoulder by carrying all the groceries in one hand and helping Finn up the stairs with the other.)
To make this dastardly task more bearable whenever we go to the store Finn and I always share a chocolate doughnut to eat while we shop. I enjoy it, he enjoys it. Everybody wins.
Until yesterday. When *gasp!* I decided to get a non-chocolate doughnut.
Finn threw a huge fit. Because he wanted to share a chocolate doughnut. It was embarrassing not only because he was turning tomato-red in the shopping cart, but mostly because I've raised my child to expect a chocolate doughnut everytime we walk into a store.
Parenting fail?
I actually respect the guy. Because it's totally something I would do. And have done.
It's called knowing what you like :)
Fittingly at the park later that day I was taking some candid pictures of the little hellion and caught this beauty. He looks especially angry because the sun is in his eyes, but I swear he recovered his composure very quickly even if he wouldn't touch the non-chocolate offender. My mom added the text box because she's totally computer savvy like that:
"Come, Follow Me" - Week Jan. 28-Feb. 2
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment