Friday, March 16, 2012

Can You Believe It?!

Of course you can. This little monster turned 1 and a half today:

Ain't he precious? As you can see by his spider-y long legs, he's getting taller like his daddy every day. He skipped 18-24 month clothes and is now strictly in the 2T + category. Thank goodness though because if he turned out to be a shorty like me I'd feel bad. Height is a point of pride in the Rebarchik family.

Alas, I do not share that pride. In fact, going to a Rebarchik family reunion for me feels like visiting a bunch of giants...or it feels like I've turned into a dwarf. Take your pick.

I digress. Finn officially hit the big 1-8 and that means a few things:

-Potty training starts!...soon. Maybe. If I get around to it.

-Pacifier is going out the window!...maybe. Except at night. If I get around to it.

-Cake making to celebrate!...I DID get around to that (imagine that...of all things). It was delightful. Lemon cake, raspberry frosting. The works. It would be even better if fruit didn't give me heartburn from here to Hawaii. Seriously, the thought of oranges send me running for the Tums. I eat the anyways. Then commence running.

Did I digress again?! It is the sad result of blogging while watching Vampire Diaries. I need to know what supernatural teenage drama is going on. NEED.

Here we go again...Finn. His vocabulary has exploded but, as always, remains in the 'strange' category as far as words go. He's not so big on the 'mama' and 'bottle' type words, (you know traditional stuff) but tends to go more for 'dirty', 'dead', 'hot', etc.

And then there are the words that he starts but never seems to finish or vice versa. Water is just 'waaw', doggy is 'ggy' and 'bottle' is 'bo'. It's cute.

The word he does say perfectly? His sister's name. Which you don't know yet. The suspense must be killing you :)

He loves climbing on the couches now that he can, running outside, picking up trash (and sometimes not trash, i.e. my watch the other day) and throwing it out, and reading ALL of his books over and over and over again.

But his most favorite of favorite new activities?

Lifting my shirt and blowing raspberries on my belly.

Seriously.

It's almost embarrassing. But then it tickles, and I laugh and as long as he doesn't do it in public, I'm good.

Sometimes he'll lay his head on my belly afterwards and the sweet gesture makes it all better.

All in all he's a happy boy who is a total gem. Most of the time.

He can also feed horses carrots like a boss :)

1 comment: