Friday, August 24, 2012

Humor You.

Two posts! One Night! You lucky things, you...

But really, I don't like to leave long, personal, post just sitting at the top with no anecdote to go with it. It gets sad and lonely up there. Plus, while the details of Finn's life is ever-entertaining for me, maybe you're not as obsessed with him as I am...and that's just fine. Because if you were...I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Also, I'm feeling creative. And I'm reading Revolutionary Road and it's bumming me out in a big way so I thought I'd share a funny store to cheer me up.

As usual, I digress.

So today I hosted the weekly neighborhood playgroup. Holy hell, it was almost nightmare-ish. I say almost because while there were like, 30 kids ages 1-5 running around my living room, dumping toys everywhere and putting their hands on my windows that I JUST PAYED TO HAVE PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED...ahem...they all did clean up in the end so the lasting impact on the house was minimal. The impact on my nerves, not so minimal.

That was a total tangent, FYI. I hosted this playgroup which meant I wasn't able to go for a run in the morning. Which meant that I was totally bumming around in my skivvies instead of my running clothes all morning. I'm a homeowner now! You can't stop me!

So I open the garage door and Finn makes a break for it. This kid can run like his grandma. Which, out of context, would make him seem slow, but do you know who my mom is? Google that crap. Anywho, I go to chase him and then I'm like, Shoot, I'm not wearing, like, real clothes.

And Finn is running around the driveway. And I KNOW he's about to make his mad dash down the street like he usually does.

And then there's me. Super mom. Undies. Yeah.

This is where I'D LOVE to say my obedient child listened to all my begging and pleading and asking and threats and came inside. He didn't.

I offered him gum (his fave. Is that bad? Yeah. Ok. Noted.), I started to close the garage door thinking he'd panic and run inside. No dice.

I asked nicely.

I didn't want to leave him unsupervised to go get dressed so I did what every awesome person does.

Bribe him with cookies and frosting.

Worked like a charm.

And let me tell you, giving a two year old pure sugar at 9am is totally legit if it means you didn't have to flash the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment