Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Keep It Together

Most days (as of late) my main goal is to try a keep my sh*t together. I don't want to be one of those moms that looks like life is totally eating her up. I try and keep my cool, keep the kids, I don't know, dressed, fed and relatively polite and presentable...Like, I want people to look at me and say, 'damn, she handles life with two kids like a pro'.

It's a lofty goal to be sure...


I try to have my diaper bag always packed and ready but I always manage to forget someone's diaper or run out of wipes or forget juice or formula. It makes for interesting outings everyday when I find out what exactly flew under my radar (usually its a diaper when one of them has a major poopsplosion).

In other words, my mind is a total dumping ground right now, but I try not to let it show.

And then today hits. We're at the library and Finn runs into a bookcase and splits his lip open (why do we go to the library ever? Its a total drama-fest every time. And not in a good way. But he always has so much fun in between drama-ramas.) (Also, Finn needs to look where he's going). Some lady offered to take Isla for me while I patched him up and only in the MIDDLE of patching him up did I think, 'Shoot, I just passed my baby off to a relative stranger. Meh, she looked legit."

He recovered asap and we played a while longer.

And then as I'm trying to get dinner ready Finn comes in handing me his blanket declaring, 'Mess! Mess!'.

Oh by the way, it was covered in poo.

So was his stuffed dog.

So was his toy box (it needed to hosed down. Kill me now).

At that moment, I didn't care if anyone (anyone!) saw me totally disheveled scraping poo off of things and being, well...not so totally together.

Don't get me wrong, there was no yelling or crying or anything like that on my part (its actually a rare day I lose my cool outwardly...) but on the inside, I was totally planning my escape to somewhere with Isla. Why Isla? Because she was sleeping calmly through all of this and frankly, I totally respect that.

Thanks girly.


No, I will never be able to wear my bangs down again after that dipwad hairdresser ruined them. Also, not the best picture but Isla is so freaking chub-tastic I couldn't resist...

 Oh, and Finn. I love you too, poop monster :)

Next up: I promise I'll tell everyone about our new house and even include pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment