So, we painted the WHOLE interior within a week of moving in. No more terrible tan walls. It was no good.
I definitely went light and bright as far as colors were concerned. It makes the house look so much happier and bigger. Some might call it boring...I call it, screw you, its my house and it looks great.
But yeah, lots of taupes, and grey and cottage-y whites and all that. Very dreamy. Very HGTV worthy, too I might add.
We also painted the front door and took down all the decals the previous owners had put EVERYWHERE. They were so bad. Like, "Celebrate Life And Family And Faith And Jesus and Loving and Laughter And Etc. And So on and So Forth All The Time Always"...
...ok, we get it. You didn't need to plaster that on every wall. But that's ok. Don't worry about it. I took them all down literally one hour after getting the keys in my hands. That's how much I did not approve.
Anywho, moving in and everything went great, but we got the keys a week before we actually moved...the week that Finn, Ilsa and I were sick and Isla got her shots and Finn got an ear infection. Not the best week for packing and moving but we worked it out like a boss.
I digress, here's some stuff for ya:
Here's the outside!
This is the entry way (formerly a nice dark red that was actually not so nice.)
And the kitchen (with the fridge we had to buy at the last minute because the one we bought didn't fit. Whoops. Luke picked it out sans me, and I must say he did a great job). There's a dining room behind me. Use your imagination.
The kids' rooms (these were the only rooms that didn't get painted. I don't mind it so much. Not the best pictures and you can't see the cool pictures on the other walls but meh, you'll survive.
The laundry room that I painted a loooovely 'palm breeze' green that my camera isn't doing justice. Sigh. Love that place.
And finally a set of shelves. Important because this used to be the ugliest built in bookshelf you ever did see. Like, terrible laminate, bad paint job. All that. Luke went to work with a sledge hammer and took down that beast and then re-drywalled. He's ah-mazing. I just decorate.
There are more rooms that didn't get on this roll of film because kids are distracting and if Finn sees the camera he has to have it. Aaaaaaah.
Just like that.
But you get the idea. Totally awesome inside and out, baby.
What you don't see: Our living room with the 'kid's nook' (I put a shelf about halfway down the wall so they could reach their books and their play bins are underneath. Effin' genius over here, yo). The master bedroom, and our extra room that houses Luke's computer, my sewing table/machine and any guests we may be entertaining (currently Luke's parents).
Fantabulous!



Roll of film?
ReplyDelete