Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Unapologetic About Being Unapocalyptic

Sorry to break it to ya, all my Utah buddies...but Finn and I are in California and it is hot AND sunny. I was doubting for a moment there, the existence of that big ball of light in the sky, but lo and behold it does exist! We are not in fact living in a post apocalyptic world where sunshine refuses to shine...well, Utah might be at that point but we all knew that was coming ;)... FYI: I've been reading Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" (aka the most depressing book ever), so excuse the bleak outlook where clouds and grey-ness are concerned.

Anywho, besides running around in shorts and t-shirts all day (I can feel the hate from Luke and Nick burning through screen as I write this) we've been adventuring all over the place. Example: Today, Finn had his first pool experience...and after getting over the initial shock of cold water he thought it was basically the grooviest.



Also new in the works: Finn is a real hands-and-knees crawler now which means he can get from point A to point B without looking like a fish floundering out of water...He is also climbing on low furniture, a feat largely enabled by the new crawling developments.

And last but certainly not least he can got from laying on his stomach to sitting on his bum...a developmental milestone that I often read about but couldn't fathom how on earth he would actually do it...but there you go, it is possible. And now you know.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, he is so cute! i'm glad you're getting some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a pun? Yes, it could be.

    I'm glad you have fun without me sometimes! :D

    ReplyDelete