Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ocho!



That's right, EIGHT months OLD. The most depressing part about this isn't that Finn is one month closer to the big 1-2 but that I honestly, really and truly can't go around using the "I just had a baby excuse"...yeah, I probably hit that place a few months back but hey, I milked it :)

Its actually quite surprising/amusing/alarming how much this boy learns how to do in just one month. For all y'all that care out there here's the run down:

He went from making primitive guttural "noises" to a constant flow of ra-ra-ra-ba-ba-ba-la-da-ba...he's a regular Paul McCartney in the making because next its going to be ob-la-di-ob-la-da. I'm sure of it.

And then there's the crawling. Oh, the much anticipated crawling. I fondly remember writing a few posts ago about how he'd mastered the hands-and-knees big boy crawling and was going from point A to point B...well a week changes things and now we're going from point A to B to C to D and through the alaphabet...We'll be to Z by next week. I really am excited about it (I swear!) but I didn't realize how greatly it would limit my already limited freedom...like, I can't even walk out of the room because in T-minus 2 seconds he'll be chewing on wires or something equally as dangerous in the next room.

And now he's pulling himself up on furniture...at this rate I'm going to be sleeping in his room by nextweek to make sure he doesn't make a break for it out of his crib at 2am.

Sigh. Life.

Still no teeth, though. I'm gonna be putting his birthday cake in a blender, I just know it.

And for the finale, he can now hold his bottle by himself!...with one hand!...while holding his foot in the other! Talented boy. At this rate he's going to be prattling off the first 100th digits of Pi by next month :)

1 comment:

  1. We're only clear on the first 4 or 5 between me and Finn... but for those curious enough to read comments:

    100 digits of pi
    3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

    ReplyDelete