Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby In a Drawer....

This kid apparently can't go too long without seeing his mama (can you blame him?!). Which is an optimistic way of saying: Finn STILL wakes up at least twice a night...sigh.

But before you give me your useless sympathies (unless your sympathy is gonna let me take a nap, its useless...got it? :)) let me just say that I've mostly gotten used to still never sleeping.

On a side note, when Finn was about 2.5 months old he slept all night...I don't know what happened...

Anywho, there are definitely nights when the grips of sleep deprivation get to me and I start doing some weird stuff. Take the other night for example. In my sleep I put the monitor reciever in the drawer next to my bed...it was probably my sub-conscience attempting to muffle the sound of Finn's awakening's. When Finn woke up, thus waking me up, I started FREAKING out because I thought I had put him in the drawer. IN THE DRAWER.

Don't worry, social services...there was no baby in the drawer.

And then there was last night. Finn usually wakes up once before midnight. But last night 12:30 rolls around and Finn is still sleeping (not like a baby as you might assume...no, more sleeping like me if I didn't have a baby). So my sub-conscience kicks in ONCE again and convinces me to sleepwalk to Finn's room take him out of his crib and finally into the living room before I realize that shoot, he was freaking asleep. But apparently my lovely brain is hardwired to deal with a baby at midnight and sleep be damned it was going to deal with a baby at midnight!

And that's my story :)

plus, who needs sleep when you're this cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment