Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nothing And No One Is Safe...

Finn seems to have come to the same famous answer as George Mallory to the question "Why do you climb Mt. Everest?" ("Because it's there.") Though, for Finn it seems to apply to climbing up every piece of furniture in the household as well. Because it's there. And don't think you're safe because you're not furniture. Nope. Those hands grabbing your leg isn't that creepy guy from work...its just Finn.

Oh heeeey...

He's a real Edmund Hillary, this one...enough Everest jokes? Not possible!

The couch and people were just fine in my books...no biggie. But now the crib. WHY THE CRIB?! Like I didn't have enough to worry about at night (Eight months into it and I STILL go and check to make sure he's breathing. Paranoia or vigilant parenting? I'll let you decide)...but hey, if he wants to make a break for it and find a better place to sleep where, you know, he'll actually sleep. Fine by me, Finn. Fine by me. In any case, this is what I walked in on during quiet time today:

We even lowered the mattress down 2 holes...oy vey.

(On a side note, we've started the "Crying it Out" method at night and it seems to be working. But I'm ever wary of anything that promises me sleep by this point.)

And that's the newest developments around here...Exciting? Riveting? Pulse pounding adventures at every turn?! You know it!

On (another) side note, you know you have an exciting life full of blog-worthy material when your husband emails you and says, "You should write about my belly button lint in your next post." That actually happened.

Seriously though, its a wonder any of his shirts have thread left in the belly button area, I can tell you that much. Its like his belly button needs lint to sustain itself.

And on that note... :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm still thankful for teeth and limited mobility. He is learning the pulling up onto things though...crib notches to be lowered Friday...unless he learns how to do more then use the bars to help him turn over...which V is also not doing yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete