Friday, August 27, 2010

Things to do before I die...

Wait, let me rephrase that to something a bit less dramatic: Things to do before my life as a non-mother dies...still kinda dramatic, but it I like it...

1. Eat with abandon! After this lil' sucker is borned I'm not going to have any excuses! No more, "I'm eating for two", no more guiltless dives into pizza boxes, wing shacks and other sinful delights. Nope, when bambino gets here its back on the diet train, next stop size 4 pants again!

2. Knit....ok, you may look at the last post and think, "gurl, you crazy" but you have to know that I usually have the creative talent of a retarded cat, so the fact that I may have found one talent that creates something usable is kind of nice...so I'm going to milk that talent for all its worth and make one more scarf of less epic proportions with all the left over yarn from that bothemouth Luke has wrapped around his neck.

3. Sleep? Try to sleep? Lay on the couch lazily for a couple hours when I get home from work without having to worry about anything? Yeah, all that.

4. Maybe get the nursery together...maybe. We've gone all Full House the past two weeks as my brother has been staying in the nursery but will soon be shipped out to the office to sleep when my mom gets here for a week. Once they move out I might just have the motivation to get a dresser in there and call it good. Babies sleep in drawers, right? Joking. We have a crib. Phew! In fact here's a sneak peak:



5. Get one last pay check :( I love/hate you, work. So I don't mind leaving you so much as I'm gonna miss the supplementary income I've been consistently recieving for the past two years. There goes my shopping habit, fluttering quietly out the window.

6.Get a pedicure for the second time in my life while I still have the, "I can't touch my toes" excuse.

6. And last but not least, swear like a sailor without feeling guilty for it. And without worrying that Bambino's first words are going to be some kind of terrible expletive that reflects poorly on my skills, or lack thereof, as a mother.

28 days left to check off my "bucket list"


picture very much not related

p.s. sorry for all the preggo related posts...kinda hard to ignore though when its taken over your body like a bad sci-fi movie. Shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment