Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well, I Guess It's Time To Talk About This Baby...

Other potential titles for this post included:

Hot Dogs: An Obsession, Why I Bought Sweatpants From Wal-Mart, That One Time Varicose Veins Made Me Feel Super Sexy...

...the list goes on.

Oy. This baby. Let me give you some details. Maladies first! Because those are the most interesting...

So this dude is NOT curled up in a nice little ball like Isla was...which means I've got a mass of baby legs constantly hanging out by my lungs. Which means that eating, laying down and basically existing makes me wheeze.

Wheezing. Super attractive, non?

I have also been fighting conflicting urges to never eat anything ever again (there is also a mass of baby legs jamming into my stomach area) and to eat a lot of really weird things...I was pretty happily mostly vegetarian before this boy rolled into town...today I drove 20 minutes to get a hot dog. By myself. And I'd already eaten lunch.

Seriously.

Sometimes he kicks and/or punches me in internal organs that ummm...I don't know what they are, where they are or what they do...but by the level of pain inflicted, I'm guessing they're important.

Spleen, maybe? Where is one's spleen? Do I need it? Can it be broken?

And last but not least, I've got varicose veins running down my leg (yep, just one leg), which make it look like I've been bitten by a poisonous monster and the venom is spreading. When I asked why this is happening, the nurse assured me it is because my body is just giving up on life after being pregnant for basically the last 3 years but should return to normal STAT.

I don't know what STAT stands for.

But on the plus side (and there are many!), I am super ready to meet this boy. He's got a name picked out, a closet full of his brother's adorable clothes, a bed, and lots of blankets that I can't stop making. I'm really quite excited.

Finn is excited too.

Isla is not in the loop yet.  (I feel bad for her. I feel as though I need to sit down and explain that she is about to become the dreaded middle child and she and her middle-child-father should set up a support group)

I even packed my hospital bag. Cute. I know.

And finally...today I went over my 20 weeks ultrasound pictures just to confirm that he really is a he. For now, we're all still pretty positive that there is a boy chilling out in my uterus.

Other things:

Number of times someone has said the following when I'm out with the kids, "Oh bless your heart.", "You don't look old enough to have 3 kids!" or "How will you ever manage?!": About 20. Apparently the world has no confidence in me.

Here I am, still going to grad school and all that business, at 35ish weeks!


 Luke always candid shoots me looking ridiculous...

That picture is a little misleading in the belly-department. Sigh. Here is a more accurate representation:
I love hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment