Saturday, January 25, 2014

It's A....Nursery!


A nursery/big boy room. Ok, it's a bedroom. 'Nursery' certainly isn't a cool enough word for this space.

So Finn and this baby boy are going to be sharing a room because that's what trendy kids do, right? We have a downstairs bedroom, but until Finn is old enough to use it to his advantage for sneaking-out-purposes, it shall remain not-a-bedroom.

Confession: I've never shared a room in my life (besides with that tall guy I live with...).

Confession: Luke has never not shared a room in his life.

So, while I am confused about how two people (especially siblings) can share a room in peace and harmony, he is there to reassure me that no one is going to implode as a result.

None of my children implode...check that off my parenting bucket list.

So to prepare for this confusing and exciting development, I painted the room (by myself. Because yes.), decorated, re-decorated, deemed it my pièce de résistance and wam, bam, thank you m'am, here it is.

(Here's a before picture, first so you can all get a handle on the transformation):
 That's cool and everything, I guess...

But this is way better! I made that blanket. And it didn't make me cry. Also, astronomy poster on the wall? Because 3 is a perfectly acceptable age to learn the lunar cycle. Duh.

The baby's side of the room! 

Top of the dresser!
 Details I love: the striped crib sheets that took me forever to find, and the baby quilt that I should probably take more pictures of. I painted the room navy on a whim but I'm super stoked with how it turned out. Combine with the more sophisticated elements of the room (the bedding, poster, etc) and I don't think it looks too little boyish. Because let's all remember that this cool kid had the room first:

As always...pictures of Isla's room :)

With a backwards crib so she won't climb out...that's my girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment