Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nobody Thought This Day Would Come....


I completed. One whole semester. Of grad school.
Done. Fin. Completed. Passed? Jury is still out on that one.
Hear that? That’s the round of applause that has been following me around for the last day or so.
Like a boss.

The first (most) part of it was super stressful. No joke, I gained 5 pounds of stress-induced-gorging weight (I’m reasonable like that). It was fine once  I finally realized which class I had to actually read and study for and which one was more like, “whatever, we’re just glad you’re here, you cool kid, you”. 

And once I got past the first, I don’t know, 5 (out 6) weeks, I warmed up to it all, hit my stride, got on my A game, etc. and it was all fine and groovy…Fun, even??  
 
Maybe not fun, but there’s just something about thinking that I’ve really come to enjoy. It's like my brain is thanking me for not wasting it on internet-centric garbage (except this...this is GOLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs).

And hey, maybe if I’m not hit by a meteor (or I fail every paper I thought I rocked) I’ll go back in the fall? And by the end of it all I’ll be so stressed I’ll eat myself to the size of a hippopotamus. 

BUT I’ll be the smartest hippo. EVER.  

Confession: I google-imaged “smart hippo” but all I got was "cute hippo"...because google wants me to feel good about my hippo-self.

No comments:

Post a Comment