Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Playrooms and General Under Productive-ness...

I really wanted to ride out that intellectual high that one gets from going to school this summer. That way, come Fall, I'd still be in the swing of like, reading and writing and saying intelligent things other than, "do you have to go potty?".

Alas, it was not meant to be. Instead, in the two weeks since I finished (AND PASSED!) my first semester of g-school I have:

-Read TWO Norwegian thrillers (my Scandinavian love has reared it's head once again) (I swore once I started school I'd never read or watch a Scandinavian thriller ever again...)

-Dyed my hair a couple of times.

-Watched the entire run of Freaks and Geeks (oh so very highly recommended). My infatuation with this show has nothing to do with James Franco circa 1999...nothing.

-Watched the first series of Inspector Lewis.

-Read none (NONE!) of the recommended summer readings.

-Run to the top of the 'Y' a million times (once in over 100 degree weather like a boss). It's my new favorite thing to do and I just can't explain it.


-Eaten a lot of ice cream with Finn and Isla because it's how we roll.

I really need to be more productive and start weeding my garden or something. But Summer! It imbibes me with this lazy spirit and who am I to resist? Especially when it's, I don't know, 400 degrees outside.

Approximately.

New hair!:

But we DID redo our office into an awesome playroom for the kids (thank goodness something has been done!)  I felt bad kicking Luke's desk and computer to the proverbial curb but now we share a desk! How cute is that?! Feel free to please not answer.

It's got a canopy, it's got a book case, an easel, desks, chairs, A PICTURE OF ZEBRA. This place is bitchin'. But don't take my word for it. Take a look:


No comments:

Post a Comment