Ok, not really. I kind of slink in and out. See, the office I work in is full of girls who are all single and living together and I don't ummmm, "fit in".
Which, let me be perfectly honest with you, is so very ok with me. I thought raising a two-year old was drama-rific, but lo, I forgot about the strife and miseries of dating, gossip and being bitchy to other girls behind their backs.
(Ok, I'm still bitchy to other girls behind their backs but this is more a secret pasttime of mine.)
Yeah, these girls are all about that in a big way. Its entertaining.
But really, I'm having a bueno time. I'm working for the same place I did before I had Finn, so I didn't have to go through any of that awkward figuring-out-how-everything-works-phase. But they did move to a new building so finding the bathroom the first day was a fun adventure!
And thank goodness I didn't have to go through an interview. I can't think of anything more awkward than doing an interview when you've done nothing but hang around the toddler crew for two years straight.
I was, therefore, able to avoid gems such as:
"What have you been doing the past two years between jobs?" (Um, wiping butts mostly.)
"What sets you apart from everyone else?" (I'm probably the only one here wearing a nursing bra?)
and of course:
"What pay scale are you expecting?" (Do I have to change your diaper? No? OK, then I'll do it for free.)
Ah yes, re-entering society is a beautiful thing. And while I miss my little ones like crazy, I do feel more human (and less robot-diaper-changer) than I have in quite a while. And thanks to my madre, I get a picture of Isla's outfit everyday...because she knows what's important to me. Duh.
Plus, its only for 4 hours a day and (Finn naps for 2 of those hours), thus assuaging my guilt somewhat for getting a job I don't particularly need but still enjoy.
Good choice of outfit, Mom...
In other news, Finn is basically potty trained (high fives all around!), Isla is adorable, and I'm training for a 15k in two weeks and I feel like I'm in good shape but will probably have reality slap me in the face come race day when I have to face the fact that my mom can (and will!) beat the pants off me.
Also, I'm currently making this quilt for Finn (the last one I made him turned out crappily...): Its a beast and I'm only 8 rows into it:





You make me laugh! I love the quilt - you are so more ambitious that I am.
ReplyDelete