It’s like, the older you get, the lamer and more boring your
birthday is supposed to be. And as much as I try and fight that with every fiber of my being, it seems
that it can’t be avoided.
Yep, I turned 25 and there was nary a celebration to be had
that day. I was finally at
car-renting age! Didn’t anyone care?!
Finn even went so far as to deny that I was even having a
birthday when I told him. As if to say, ‘Don’t be ridiculous…moms don’t have
birthdays. As we all know, they are clearly not actually people.’
Thanks, dude.
Sure we had cake at my mom’s place the weekend before, but
it’s just not the same as having a huge blowout kind of party on the actual day
of your birth…if you hint a touch of sadness in my voice…well, you are correct.
I was sad about it. I’m an avid birthday celebrator, so this was a big effing
deal, guys.
But guess what? I don’t even care (all that much) because they
say your birthday is what you make it (someone says that, right?)…well, I made
my birthday day a birthday week.
That’s right. Hardcore. Haters gonna hate, but I did it
anyway.
That means shopping for myself (and a lot of shopping for
the kiddos. It happens). All week.
And dinner with my ah-mazing friends in SLC…which meant, yeah,
I got out of the house for an entire
night. Look at me, guys, getting all crazy in my old age! Living it up over
here!
(I was back home by 930pm, just to keep the crazy at a
manageable level)
Then there’s Rubio’s with Nick (it’s his birthday too, after
all). And let’s face it…probably more shopping after that.
Because if you’re going to have a birthday, people...you
gotta do it right.
Twins = birthday enthusiasts since day one.




We do birthday weeks too. Always did growing up. Because it's so much more fun!
ReplyDelete