But I did it anyway...we've (I've) named him Arby...its short for arbol...which (I hope) is Spanish for tree! A lot of clever going on over here.
He's not really a looker, Arby. But guess what, for $20 you can't beat him. I would have taken token pictures of Finn at the tree lot, but it was pretty ghetto. The lady who owned it was walking around with a mini chainsaw in her hand (I'm not joking, people) and I thought if she ended up in the background CPS would come and take Finn away...
...sidenote, she ended up being really nice and let me take the tree home without paying for it since I forgot cash was still something people use buy things. I did go back a pay, lest the mini chainsaw end up trolling outside my apartment looking for retribution...
Anyway, the tree guarded by our couches even though Finn can climb up onto our couches and pounce on him...as of yet, they've both remained relatively unscathed. I'll give Finn an ornament and tell him to be VERY GENTLE with it over and over again, and he gets very serious about it and walks around guarding the ornament for the rest of the night. It's cute.
And while the tree may be scantily (and ghetto-ly) decorated (Wal-mart didn't have ornament hooks at 7pm so we've used fishing wire and the rope used to tie the tree to the car to hang up the decorations for the moment), he's definitely looking more spritely, especially since we put silver bows all over him...everyone wants to feel pretty :)
He's got chunks missing that I aim to fill...with love.



It's beautiful, lol. We have a real tree this year too - we've had a 3 ft artificial we got at Wal Mart our first Christmas. But the babies needed a tree! (translate: I needed a tree, plus I didn't really get to do Christmas last year what with moving and giving birth). I grew up with artificial so the whole real tree thing has been an adventure. But it's fun! We also have a barrier in front of our tree. Chair, wedged next to coffee table, and an exercise ball wedged between the table and the sofa. Babies have figured out how to crawl under the table and get to the tree. They've even figured out that they need to be quiet when they get back there. But so far no real damage. No glass ornaments on the bottom third of the tree, just lights and ones I've crocheted.
ReplyDelete