(As you can see this whole T-Day concept excites my sensibilities)
So we rallied this year and my mom covered some roasted chickens in bacon (Amurica!) and I still brought the 4 boxes of stuffing, there was pumpkin pie (sorry, no cranberry sauce, don't push your luck)! Overall, I'm sure he was impressed. I would have asked him but I've been in and out of a food coma ever since...
And would you believe it, I even got sucked into Black Friday shopping...I know, I know, me and shopping, who'd think we'd be a good match...
...ahem...
But seriously, I saved $40 on a new camera...cha-ching! And I bought it at like, 2pm...not am. AND I didn't get pepper sprayed in the process. Total success.
And now that I have a new camera in my possession I'm using it to humiliate my little stinker. He'll thank me when he's older...and by thank I mean disdain:
Christmas slippers!...and not much else :)
In my defense he kept trying to put it back on whenever I took it off...
In my defense he kept trying to put it back on whenever I took it off...
But it also means I can snap beauties like this:
The view from our apartment living room.
Good times, people...good times.
As for Finn: He is still loving it here, too. Every morning after he has his breakfast he goes to the closet and gets his boots out and sits on the floor, waiting for me to put them on so we can go to the park even though it's about -2 degrees outside. He's getting really, really good at sign language type communicating. He knows how to show me when something is cold or hot (I was talking to Luke about how cold it was outside and he started doing his little 'sign' for cold), and when he needs to take a nap, wants his stuffed dog and when he's thirsty or hungry (which is always). It's very clever, indeed. And a great way to avoid having to formulate, you know, actual words :)
And when you give him your cell phone he puts it to his ear and starts 'talking'...definitely affirming the fact that I talk on my phone waaaay too much.
As for Finn: He is still loving it here, too. Every morning after he has his breakfast he goes to the closet and gets his boots out and sits on the floor, waiting for me to put them on so we can go to the park even though it's about -2 degrees outside. He's getting really, really good at sign language type communicating. He knows how to show me when something is cold or hot (I was talking to Luke about how cold it was outside and he started doing his little 'sign' for cold), and when he needs to take a nap, wants his stuffed dog and when he's thirsty or hungry (which is always). It's very clever, indeed. And a great way to avoid having to formulate, you know, actual words :)
And when you give him your cell phone he puts it to his ear and starts 'talking'...definitely affirming the fact that I talk on my phone waaaay too much.



No comments:
Post a Comment