Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What You Missed

Being the exciting, world-travelling, always in demand, fantastically fabulous, busily busy family that we are, this blog has been neglected, not for lack of ideas, but lack of time....and internet...we didn't have internet for a week. Because we moved. To the most exciting place that could handle people like us...Springville, Utah....yeah, maybe not.

But we're here! And because my camera is broken (aka it ran out of batteries and I can't find the charger, therefore it is broken by my standards), you'll have to use your imagination. But it looks a little something like this:



Great, huh!?

In other news, Mr. Mister (aka Finn) is settling in great. There is a playground at the complex and he totally digs the slides and can go down them sans me now. Which is a total thrill for the independent little guy. Also the library nearby has a train set that parents like to take their kids to and sit back and watch as the kids duke it gladiator-style out for the last train. It is BRUTAL. Finn got shoved and stepped on by some nasty 2 year old girl who wanted his train. I was like, "Finn, she is a GIRL! Hit her back!"...because its never too late to start encouraging misogyny, right?

Also, due to the absence of my mom being upstairs I have to work out at 6am in the morning before Luke goes to work. Which is fine because I'm a morning person if I can't sleep in and go to bed at 830pm the night before. There is a workout room in the clubhouse (yeah, we have a clubhouse, waddup) and there is always the same three people working out there every morning. I desperately want to be welcomed into their group so I can talk about 'pumping iron' and 'protein shakes' and 'calories burned' with them...you know, everyone likes to feel welcome. But unfortunately I have not broken through yet and as a result they watch me in silence as I wog slowly on the treadmill or struggle with the weights. Sigh. One day.

And for now, I'll leave you with the image of me wogging on a treadmill, which won't be getting any better because tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I aim on gaining 5 lbs on stuffing alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment