Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best Christmas...Every Single Time...

Christmas, Chanukah, general holiday-ness is basically upon us (heck, Kwanza is probably around there somewhere) and I've got the secret, people. THE secret to having a totally groovy holiday of your choice. Want to know? Read on, friends:

So, every year it happens. I go on a mega shopping spree, for myself, and then give all the peeps in my family what I bought to wrap up and give back to me.

It's awesome.

This year has been no different. Let's just say that I may or may not have replenished my wardrobe (my Christmas presents this year consist mainly of new pants with elastic waistbands and t-shirts with expandable sides. But don't worry, these clothes are as fabulous as they get. Mostly because I make them fabulous. Shoot) and graciously doled it out to various people to give back to me on that wonderful Christmas morning.

Traditional? No way. Practical? Yes! I don't need to return anything!

This Christmas present strategy gets better...

Mostly because I then get to tell everyone, 'Hey! Since I picked out my gift, you should go buy yourself something nice and say its from me!'

Everybody. Wins.

In reality, I may be killing the holiday buzz by taking away that Hallmark moment of gasping in faux surprise/glee as you open a present that you either already guessed what it was when you shook it earlier or are going to have to exchange in private because the person who bought it for you wanted to be flattering so they got you a size too small.

But Hallmark moments are for idealists and those people are crazy.



This guy ain't got nothin' on me!...except about 150 pounds.

P.S. As usual, I also buy my mom something that I really like so that I can 'borrow' it 364 days out of the year...another good strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment