Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mini Dr. Who Visits the Dinos...Party. UPDATED!

Our mini Dr. Who officially visited some (paper) dinosaurs.

And to say that Finn's birthday party was the party of the year would be an understatement. We went beyond that. Way beyond.

Not really. Well, maybe for Finn.

But really, while it wasn't a party of P-Diddy proportions ( I knew I should have had a black tie mandatory dress code...), it was super duper. Finn wore some tweed pants, a pinstripe button up and a red bow tie for all the Doctor Who Matt Smith fans out there.

But besides immediate family, no Dr. Who fans were actually in attendance (greatly confusing some of the guests as to the theme). There were dinosaurs, there were mini-TARDIS's hanging from the ceiling, Luke busted out his mega Tom Baker scarf. You get the picture.

Speaking of pictures!!! (I'm a master of segues what can I say?):


He wore his new Nike Free's to complete the look...



Dalek Cake...


...exterminated!! Oh wow, things are getting nerdy...

A TARDIS!


The (in)famous scarf...

We went to the zoo the next day (aka today) to celebrate the celebration of celebrations that we celebrated. He ran around the place like he owned it. Stroller = now, obsolete. Fine by me. I'd rather have my kid run around instead of being pushed around. Which is what he's wanted to do for the last 2 months.

I'm glad I didn't have to push the issue. Hardy har har...puns.

Anyway, Monkeys were a huge hit because frankly, I think the kid has a little Mowgli in him and would rather climb some trees more than anything. And despite his disinterested look in the picture below, he totally dug the elephants

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever know that you're my hero? Also, I'm asking for this birthday party for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come to Boston and plan me a Dr. Who party. Seriously. I love this too much.

    ReplyDelete