Saturday, September 24, 2011

8 days...

Until we are heading to Ireland...

Finn's excited about the leprechauns.

I'm excited about the in-flight movies.

Amanda is excited about the souvenirs.

As you can see, this trip has got a little something for everyone...

...ahem...except Nick and Luke....who aren't going...because they have to work.

*whispers* soooorrrrry

Anywho, my mom's family lives in Ireland (hence the trip, duh.) and besides my grandparents, nary a person over there has met Finnsticks.

And while a trip of this epic-ness requires an international flight and 5 hour layover with an energetic toddler, I gots to admit I am really excited....

...and also hoping he'll sleep on the plane.

I also got him a little backpack with a leash attached to it (for those against leashes, hold your judgement here bc he loves the thing.) for the airport so he can run around the airport without getting abducted. Because really, who wants to worry about that right before a 12 hour flight.

Like, a boyscout, always prepared!

I digress...

Since I've spent practically every summer of my life since i was BORN in Ireland, I feel like I've got a lot to bring a lot to the table for this guy as far as tour guide goes...But I've got a feeling he won't appreciate/nor remember any of it. Silly boy.

The thing is, we're only going to be there for a week which seems like not enough time to: a. get there; b. let Finn recover from jet lag and; c. do absolutely everything I want to. It may end up with me dragging a sleeping baby around town "showing" him the sights. He'll love that, I'm sure.


For some reason I can't find pictures of me and Nick in Ireland on my computer...so use your imagination and plant us somewhere in this picture. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment