Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Did you fall into a vat of red dye and forget to tell someone?


Fun times. Luke, Nick and I went to CALIFORNIA this weekend-- Hi Yo! It was awesome...and relaxing...and fun. The best part was going to the beach. We went to Laguna Beach, and we (Nick, Amanda, Luke and I) brought boogie boards. Let the fun begin. We taught Luke how to ride killer waves....and when I say 'taught' I really mean we pointed him in the right direction and then let him watch us wipe out. It was awesome! And sunny...and hot...and Luke didn't wear sunscreen. Did I mention it was sunny? Poor guy, he's got an apocolyptic sunburn. It is painful. Silly me, I figured, 'Oh, we'll get tan and it will be lovely, no need for spf here'. Whoops.

Anywho, sunburns aside, it was Mom's 50th birthday. Let the celebrations begin. I got her a cute outfit from the Gap, Nick got her a bag from Macy's...oh and Dad? Dad overshadowed all our gifts by getting her an extremely nice Coach bag. But to give credit where credit is due...I picked it out. Yeah, that's right.

Now, Mom is in Ireland...because apparently we aren't exciting enough to complete her birthday festivities. Sigh.

Our new home is now officially moved into and almost fabulous. It needs a few more final touches before it can get my fabulous stamp of approval :)

But my FAVORITE accessory...my fish Emilio is gone. Leaving for the weekend I thought, "I have two options here, 1. Don't feed the fish for three days and see if he makes it, or 2. Put in one of those little weekend feeders in his bowl so he can feast at will." I picked option 2. And guess what? Those little 'weekend' feeders release enough food at one time to feed a shark (or maybe a Baracuda...or some equally big and scary sea creature). So poor little Emilio, in his tender, old age of TWO and HALF YEARS, couldn't handle it and sadly passed away. It's not his fault 3 gallons of fish food releasing into a small bowl at one time overwhelmed him. What would you do?

Sad Day. Sad Day Indeed.

And life goes on...I am still working 12-7 everyday. Luke is still working ?-? everyday and I still longingly look out the window behind my cubicle, longing to experience the summer I am missing. xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment