Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm all alooooone....there's no one here beside meeeee....


It's that time ofyear again....Luke's two week solo-sojourn to the great unknown...Milwuakee. On a tangent, it is weird to me how many people ask what state Milwuakee is in or just have no idea where it is and have never heard of it beore. Weird. But I digest. Luke is gone to Wisconsin to work mano en mano con su hermano. El situacion es muy lamentable para mi porque estoy muy triste. For all of you who don't speak Spanish, I'm sad that Luke's gone to work with his brother. And I thought I'd forgotten all of my spanish!

But it's all good because I've got a plethora of surprises for Luke when he gets back! Ssshh, it's a surprise. However, I've found it much, much harder to be away from Luke than I thought it was going to be. I thought unto myself, 'Self, you are going to enjoy some time to yourself, etc. etc.' But guess what, self? You were wrong. Not only is it hard to sleep in a huge bed all by yourself after a year of sharing it with a great, big, tall guy, but I also don't really enjoy doing things by myself anymore. Don't get me wrong, it is tolerable. But still, I guess I'm not as independent as I thought I was! Lame.

At least Nick is here. We hang out, eat dinner, go to Denny's, eat more dinner, watch movies (Note: The Soloist is NOT a good movie). And then we both go to work at the same place and think about what we want to eat for dinner...together.

Happy note: I am going horseback riding on Saturday! I haven't ridden in like...forever. But I had my mother send me over my half chaps, spurs, boots, gloves and all other kinds of riding parephenalia, which made me even more exciting. Yes, I love half chaps, and no, there is nothing wrong with that :)

I wish I could disclose more information about my surprises, but that will have to wait until Luke sees them...you know, just in case he reads this? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment