Saturday, March 15, 2014

Eliot Rebarchik

He's here! And he's oh, so very precious.

Birthday rundown? You got it!

March 5th, 2014. I went in for a non-stress test at the hospital since the little guy wasn't feeling his normal chipper, kick-me-in-the-ribs kind of self. As it turns out, his heart rate was dropping every time I had a contraction so they decided to induce me, and I was like, "sweet. Finally."

Luke was with the kids that afternoon, and all the nurses thought I was a single, teenage mom and would come hold my hand despite my insistence that I had a husband who was going to come hang out with me eventually.

But I was totally chilled out and groovy throughout the afternoon. Third kid? I got this, yo.

Eliot's heart rate was still pretty no bueno come evening, so they decided to do a C-section to avoid risking any further complications during labor. During this discussion Luke had gone home to help my wonderful neighbor and BFF Marilyn put the kids to bed...so once again I got a lot of skeptical pity from the nurses. Luke made it 10 minutes before they rolled me into the OR. Good timing, hubs.

I will spare you the gnarly details, but 10 minutes after rolling me in, we were happy to see the safe arrival of this little guy:
 6 pounds 7 oz, and 18 inches of love, right there.

Luke watched the whole thing. And from the sounds of it, C-sections are an intensely shocking thing to witness. All the while, the medicine they gave me made me shake so badly that they had to strap my arms to the table.

It was a legit Frankenstein's monster scenario going on.

But guess what, guys? 10 days post-partum and I HARDLY HAVE A SCAR. I am so bummed. Sliced open, and no scar.

But a baby! (And thankfully, recovery has been easy, breezy)...

 2 days old

He is a wonderful boy. Extremely mellow (so far), a good eater and not the worst sleeper we've dealt with (cough, cough, Isla, cough).

I must say, for never ever expecting to have 3 children ever, I am immensely glad that he's here with us. He's a beautiful soul.

Finn loves to hold him and Isla goes so far to not acknowledge his existence that she tries to sit on my lap while I'm holding him at least 3 times a day.

Because she's the middle child now. And damnit, it's time to start acting like one!

All of this happened, however, less than a week after she was hospitalized with RSV for two days (something I want to write about but am having a hard time doing...it was a surprisingly emotional experience) So we'll cut her some slack.

9 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment