Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Did Terrible Things This Halloween...



I’m back to being the Halloween Grinch, guys. We had a good run last year though, right?

I think that maybe today I saw too many adults dressed up as Disney princesses and other immature drivel. 

So alas, here I am, disillusioned once again.

I did some terrible things this year, too. Terrible, deliberately terrible things. Sigh.

In our neighborhood they follow that quaint, somewhat obnoxious trend of putting a sign on your door with a plate of treats and direct instructions to leave the damn sign on your door and pay it forward by making treats and stamping signs on other neighbor’s doors.

Sign on your door = you’ve been hit and there are no more treats coming your way.

Confession: We got hit and I didn’t leave the ghostie sign on our door. So we got hit again. Which meant we 
got two plates of delicious treats. I was so happy.

Confession #2: Not only did I not feel bad about it, I didn’t even make treats or signs for anyone else.

My heart shrank two sizes that day.

Next up, our neighborhood is absolutely swarming with the younger set. Kids run this place. And I only got one bowl’s worth of candy and I’ve already eaten a tidy portion of it. Because it’s delicious.

And those kids are going to get tons of candy anyway, right?

Right.

I did, however, make sure my kiddos had fantastically DIY costumes for the trick-or-treating/pre-school festivities going on this All Hallow’s Eve. Luke made Finn’s costume this year and it turned out brilliantly! 

I didn’t let Finn decide what he was going to be because his three-year-old brain can’t settle on any decision for more than a minute recently. I had to take matters into my own hands. Thankfully, he totally dug it. He was super stoked to show it off in the pre-school parade today.

I made Isla’s costume because I’m crafty and handy with a glue gun. I made the ears and a fluffy tail and she has no idea what’s going on but she knows that she doesn’t want to wear the ear-headband unless I bribe her with food and distraction. Bribery? My forte!

She seriously is so cute as a cat. I can’t even.

Last and least, I’m sad to say we didn’t get pumpkins. Not a single one. The only pumpkin we have is the one Finn was given and decorated at school. He did so well! Feathers! Eyes! Red paint! It was my favorite pumpkin ever.


Will my Halloween grinchiness subside next year? I doubt it, but stay tuned!
Oh, hey there baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment