Thursday, November 28, 2013

Holding Nachos? Drop 'Em and Run...

First let's reflect on the glorious holiday season which is allowing me to eat with less guilt than otherwise would be happening.

Let's also reflect that for the past few days I have been merrily running every morning!

Running?!

Jogging is more like it!

Merrily!

Thankfully the workouts are going pretty consistently because I am hungry. Or this kid is hungry. Either way there is a lot of eating going on. And eating of the strangest of things. One day I'd tackle someone for a plate of sriracha covered nachos, the next I'd tackle 'em for a sausage sandwich.

I don't know who would withhold food so staunchly that I need to tackle them...

It got close, though...the other day, Luke and I were at a restaurant and I dropped an angry F bomb so loudly that the manager came over and asked what was wrong with my food. To which I politely responded, "Ummm, I wanted a rare steak. This is well done."

Food. It's apparently a big deal at the moment.

And while I'm regretting most gastronomical decisions and smelling like Taco Bell, baby boy just does a little happy dance and calls life good.


25 weeks!

As for the rest of the Rebarchik clan, we are all handy-dandy. The kids BOTH got haircuts yesterday. A decision unwisely made. I took them by myself, Isla pooped on me, then insisted on sitting on my lap with Finn while he got his hair cut. And the lady doing his hair was super bitchy. Like, come on lady, he's 3, he's going to move a little bit.

Then she CUT HIM WITH THE CLIPPERS AND SAID: "Well, that's what happens when you don't listen"

Wait, why don't you listen...because I'm pretty sure I just heard your tip sneak out the door.

Bam. (I still tipped her a little...)

Isla got her curls trimmed because she was getting mullet-licious (as my kids seem to do...). I think it suits her though :)



And finally, Finn is going through some pretty heavy-duty three-year-old tantrums at the moment. We're talking foot stamping, back talking, heavy sighing and all that eye rolling business. Apparently it's emotional business being three...and putting on pants to go outside is a big deal.

Favorite phrases now include, "because yes." and "because no."...because those are acceptable answers to any interrogation.

For more explanation, ask Finn because I have no idea what's going on with that lovely kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment