Monday, April 22, 2013

My Knife Fight...

... with a gang of robbers. By which I mean a potato.

Annnyway, I was prepping some sweet potatoes for this tasty soup I was going to make, and as Luke has pointed out countless times, my veggie cutting technique needs a helluvalot of practice.

Case in point: This time when I sliced my thumb nearly all the way through. 'This time' meaning yesterday.

As soon as I saw how deep it was I RAN out of the room yelling for Luke and I believe the conversation went a lot like this:

"Luke, I've cut my thumb and I'm pretty sure I need stitches but I cannot look at it. Please don't make me look at. I seriously cannot look at it. I'm going to die." Dramatic.

So he guided me over to the sink and washed it off and it was at this point that my vision went a lot a bit white and the blood in my head sort of went away. But I did NOT pass out.

That's 1 for the knife. And 1 for me. Bam.

All the while Finn thought the blood that had gotten everywhere was pretty cool and I hazily remember him touching it. But soon we were in the car and then at the instacare place and guess who happens to walk in right after me?

That's right! A guy who cut his thumb with A CHAIN SAW.

Way to upstage me, jerk.

And yadda yadda yadda, I got some pretty manly stitches and the doctor was super nice (he said I seemed like a pretty good mom. Damn straight.) and we all got to go to Wendy's for dinner and everyone rejoiced because they didn't have to eat my healthy soup.

And hopefully you haven't just eaten dinner because here is the damage:
That shit is gnarly. 

There is literally, no other way to put it.

And as an update the thumb is still attached but it hurts because Isla keeps finding the bandage and squeezing it. Rude. And Nick's not even here to help. Rude-r. I'm also pretty excited about the scar that is going come of this bad boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment