Saturday, April 13, 2013

Before and After: Landscape Edition

We're the DIY Warriors over at this house. Are you ready for it? You better be, because here it is.

Before:
Seriously, this is pretty effing close to what it looked like.

After:
Right?! Amazing (and look at that fine lookin' dog).

When we moved in, the back part of the fence had a half built wall going across at, and about 30 metric tons of gravel just hanging out and being groovy. There was also pile of bricks in the corner that went half way up the fence.

So that was cool.

The back corner had no grass whatsoever, and a huge pile of salt in the middle of it. 

Salt. About 10 gallons of it. Yep.

So we slowly got rid of all that crazy business, put grass seed down and then mulched the hell out of the back part and (as you can see) planted a beautiful array of shubbery.

Shrubbery. Like a boss.

I threw in two Japanese Maples and fellas, we've got ourselves a garden.

Right now I'm riding on that "We Did It!" high, but come talk to me in a week when I'm weeding  for two hours a day.

And while we're at it, here's the front of the house. We redid a lot of the garden there, too but its not as noticeable. We also have a little corner garden in the front that I can never get in the frame that I also did a lot of work on. 

But since I'm toooooo lazy to take a better picture, it's my secret garden. Yep, just like the book:


No comments:

Post a Comment