Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hogging the Spotlight...

Baby girl got to show off a little bit more today. Fittingly, this modern chica got treated to the ultimate technology...3D(!).

My mom is in town visiting and so is my dad so it seemed fitting that we schedule an ultrasound so that they could both see her strut her stuff. Problem? Finn, for some reason only his toddler brain can explain (but won't), would cry every time he went into the ultrasound room. Seeing as it was just me, my dad and mom...and seeing that Finn is kind of a grandma's boy, my mom had to miss a good chunk of the fun.

Thank goodness for DVD recordings! With ambient background music!

Anywho, I thought that baby girl still had her head up and her feet down because I feel all the kicking down at the bottom of my belly and was feeling anxious that she wouldn't flip around before 'go' time. Turns out this little acrobat's head is down and she's folded herself neatly in half so that her feet are also down by her head...which explains the kicking being in the wrong place. Or so I thought.

So that was cute.

She's measuring exactly on her due date and weighs 3.8 lbs at 31 weeks and 1 day. Sidenote: I was born at 31 weeks exactly and weighed approx. 3.8 lbs. That being said, I turned out fine so I see no reason why this girl should hang around for tooo much longer, right?

Right. I joke.

Other things of note: She has lots of hair which was fun to actually see. And which could explain the seriously constant heartburn I have (if you believe old wives' tales. I've never met an old wife I didn't trust so it flies for me). She also has some serious chubby cheeks going on. The tech was laughing about it. In Finn's 3D shots he also displayed his characteristically chubby cheeks so this was not something I was surprised about. And last but not least, she's got long legs. Because she's a Rebarchik like that.

And with little to no further interruptions here are some freaky-deaky shots of what my baby looks like right now inside my uterus. Weirded out yet?

Whaa?! She has Luke's nose. Maybe?

Those are her feet on her forehead. Yeah.

A nice 'normal' side profile for the less adventurous...

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I've been feeling my baby kick way down low too and I keep going, "Well, maybe she'll flip eventually . . . " But whenever I've seen her on the ultrasound she's been in the right place, so now I'm curious about whether she's ALSO acrobat baby. :)

    ReplyDelete