Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Read This, Skip That...

A few things I've been pondering:

-I had another surgery on my tooth yesterday and as I stared in the mirror afterward I couldn't tell if my cheeks were a bit swollen from the surgery or if they have, in fact, gotten a bit chubbier.

-Finn slept all night last night. Like ALL night. Seeing as he was up a whopping total of FIVE times the night before, this was an amazing occurrence.

-We are moving in a week and my packing strategy goes as such: pack up one drawer, call it a day. Repeat again tomorrow.

-I told the owner of the condo we are moving into that I wanted to come measure some of the rooms to see if our furniture would fit...but really I just wanted to see it again so I could envision where all our furniture would go.

-Luke and I have been watching the BBC show Merlin and while I totally dig it, the character of Merlin totally bugs the crap out of me.

-I decided this weekend that I was going to become a master chef/baker because I had found all these recipes online for muffins and goods made with pumpkin. I had dreams of opening my own pâtisserie! But I ended up making a batch of microwaveable muffin mix and calling it good. I believe the moral to this story has something to do with a tiger (me) not be able to change it spots (baking).

-I did make a pork loin with stuffing though, thus redeeming my self-esteem.

-BYU sent me an email asking me what I did with the major I graduated in...I don't know if I was in a self-depreciating mood or what because I actually took the survey knowing full well my answer would be 'basically nothing' or seeing as I majored in English, "speaking it".

-And finally, my kid is pretty cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. We love "Merlin." I found it on Netflix around the time I ran out of Doctor Who to watch. It's fun. I don't like most pumpkin things - I especially dislike those fluffy pumkpin semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies. I know lots of people love them, but I really just can't eat them. What I do love is pumpkin brownies - a layer of yummy brownie underneath something that involves pumpkin. It works. Well, and pumpkin pie. Duh. :)

    ReplyDelete