Friday, June 24, 2011

Jumpin' in the Deep End.

I've got a job interview on Monday.

I'm usually very reticent to tell people about my upcoming interviews because I'm afraid that when they ask how it went, I'll have to tell them the truth like, "Yeah, apparently they saw through my feigned enthusiasm and chose the chick straight outta high school who probably didn't smell like baby formula. I can't believe I put my Spanx on for nothing."

Nobody wants to have that conversation.

But now you know.

But seriously, I'm not looking to get all corporate on y'all. I'm not going to start blogging about the bottom line and how so-and-so from the sales division is gettin' all up in my business.

No. I just want to re-enter society for a couple of hours a day and talk to people who don't drool or poop in response.

Yeah...that'd be nice.

So now I've got my blazer picked out and a pair of pumps that my mom deemed "not too slutty." But let's face it, she thinks anything with a heel is something out of "Pretty Woman".


I'm hoping my career choices work out a little better though...

No comments:

Post a Comment