Thursday, June 9, 2011

This is Why I Can't Have Nice Things...

I used to think my Nook Color was the coolest. Like, cooler than Bear Grylls, cool. It was infatuation at its best.

Note the was. Past tense.

I used to dream about what I would be willing to do to have one in my possession. All that stuff they used to do on Fear Factor? Yeah, I would have done that.

Well, maybe not all of that. But some of it.

Maybe.

But you get the point.

(is anybody else glad that show isn't on anymore? Grossfest)

But now that I actually have a Nook in my possession.(And all I had to do was ask for it. No eating bugs or jumping into a vat of scorpion urine required.) all that it seems to do is FAIL.

First of all, it needs to stop telling me that the book I am attempting to read is in the wrong format. I bought it from the nook store... online...on the internet it provided. And magazines? They look awesome but every time I try and open my new Parenting Magazine (Wow. That says a lot about me. Shoot.) it randomly turns off.

Not cool, Nook. Not cool.

And now, it won't charge unless I'm holding it, standing at a 90 degree angle from the sun, with one foot in the air and my thumbs pointing west...and only if I'm using the the charger for my cell phone.

You're killing me smalls!

So, I'm trading it in.

It really left me no other option. I'm going to get a new "magic reading device" as I like to call it, and hope that this ruiner-of-dreams goes to the place where all defective Nook Colors go to die.

Sounds harsh, huh? I guess that is what happens when a book geek depends on something electronic for literature. Book geeks, English majors, literature buffs....we show no mercy.


This is basically all it's good for, now...

P.S. Luke called this post "complain-y"...aka whiney. But it really isn't helping the mood of this blog when some jackasses right outside Finn's window (basically) think its totally cool and groovy to mow their lawns and honk their car horns at 835pm when its already taken me 20 minutes to get the guy to sleep. I needed to vent.

P.P.S. My mom has just informed me that 'Fear Factor' will, in fact, be coming back on air...as if my mood wasn't bad enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment