Thursday, December 2, 2010

Screw You, Glee...

Maybe I'm just in bad mood from moving this weekend...and its only Thursday...but the new list of the 100 most popular baby names of 2010 has been released...don't worry, Finn isn't on it (what IS IT with the maternal NEED to have an ORIGINAL name for their child?!), but the baby-name pundits just can't leave well enough alone, can they?

Apparently there is this show. This VERY popular show called Glee (Which I watched a few times but musical theatre ain't my thang)...and on this show there is a guy...a guy named Finn. Apparently he's handsome. And apparently because of this,according to aforementioned baby-name pundits, Finn is a name that is on the rise in popularity. Here's the problem: I basically INVENTED that name!...basically. For all intents and purposes...kind of. Just go with it, its PRETTY original in America, how's that?

So my maternal-need-for-an-original-name-ness has kicked in and my general apathy for this show called Glee has turned into a moody, disgruntled sourness toward the show that launched MY name from obscurity to popularity.

On a side note, this might be genetic as my mom was pretty sure she invented the name Brittany...ahem. Cough, cough....riiiight.


screw you buddy...

4 comments:

  1. we thought quinn was original too...especially for girls. it's not as original as we thought, either. But still original enough.
    FYI, Vincent is as "unpopular" as we first thought either...tons of them under the age of 5 around these parts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/sophia-and-aiden-lead-babycenters-top-100-baby-names-of-2010-2418678/

    You might find this helpful in the unique name department!

    ReplyDelete
  3. because you are not alone! I thought I would name my first child Gideon and I am finding that name everywhere! Its our generations new trend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Oh Britt - I feel your pain. I wondered, actually, if you'd ever seen the show but I like the name on your baby better :) I wanted to do something totally awesomely original and instead we've really been drawn to traditional names. Kind of odd. But there you go! William, for example, which is 99% sure what our boy will be named, isn't really new. But he'll be so cute wearing it I'm ok with it.

    ReplyDelete