You know what? That's not fair to Finn...he doesn't just grunt, his noises span the range of an entire barnyard and beyond. Much of the time he sounds like a baby elephant which then changes to something of a gorilla mating call. Sometimes, during his 'quieter' nights he just sounds like a sheep or a horse wistfully neighing into the wee hours of the morning. Cute, right? Maybe if he was an elephant, gorilla, sheep or horse. Or an elegorilorse. Or if he just did it during the day. Yeah.
The point here is that he is loud. Loud enough to keep me awake for much of the night as I contemplate actually putting him in a barnyard for the night just to compare noises and seeing how accurate I am. Thankfully, he doesn't usually keep Luke up, but I often do as I shake him awake asking, "How do I shut him up?!" He doesn't know so we try swaddling him, unswaddling him, loosely swaddling him, picking him up (which stops it until we put him down)and feeding him AGAIN (same result...temporary).
So it looks like Mr. Finn won't be sleeping in our room in his bassinet much longer. Nope, its big-boy-crib time...in the nursery. Sorry, dude.

EQUALS:



Big fan of this kid! And this family. An elegorilorse? I'm being that for Halloween!
ReplyDeletemy mom said don't feel bad about putting him in his crib, I got kicked out after night 3.... I had a swing bassinet and I am a mover and shaker.
ReplyDelete:) There's a reason Vince has been in his crib since day 1 home, too! I barely slept a wink in the hospital when he was in the room!
ReplyDelete