Monday, September 20, 2010

Finn Rebarchik

Wanna hear a story? Of course you do...thats why you're here :)

Finn Rebarchik was born on Thursday September 16th, 2010 at 3:17pm. He was 6 lbs 4oz, which greatly discredited my theory that he was going to be a 20 lb baby (but he was about 11 days early so he might have gained 14 more lbs in that time). The poor guy had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck not once, but TWICE. I'm telling you, he's a trooper :)

All in all, delivery/recovery was pretty dandy. I started having contractions at around 230am that morning (and I haven't really slept since. Sad). After waiting around for a good, long while Luke, my mother and I decided to head to the hospital even though I was convinced they were going to send me home. My contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart but I could talk and walk through them so I was like, "eh, we'll see what they say"...after checking in, it turns out I was already 5cm dilated. Go figure! So they kept me there and gave me an epidural...which I actually felt bad about because I wasn't screaming in agony like the people you see on TV...I'm also a trooper...that's where he gets it from. I looked like this (my mom HAD to get a picture of me pregnant for the last time):



A few hours later its time to push! So I push, push, push away, the whole time my legs as numb as anything, and 30 minutes later we were blessed with this little bundle of joy:




He truly is the most fantastic human being I have ever come across. He's so calm and happy...he just sits with his eyes open, taking in the world. Nothing (yet!) seems to phase him and I'm really looking forward to seeing if that continues :) I could just stare at him all day...and I do :)

As for me, I feel like a cow...not because I'm fat...but because I'm a freaking 24hr milk factory. However, it does make me feel very productive. So that's a plus. And while I may be sleep deprived I am loving every minute of this "motherhood" thing. Luke is also fantastic even though he had to go back to work today. Lame. He is such a good dad :)

Now I'm going to go take a nap. Like this guy:

3 comments:

  1. Oh MY SWEET CHILD BUNDLE OF JOY!!! he is precious and i love him!!! congrats brit, you are such a trooper! love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robot onesie coming right up! I just love his birth story. 24hr milk factory = classic! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Enjoy being home and staring at him all day. I'm truly jealous. I sure do miss the Rebarchiks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. Oh do I know how you feel. Milk and numb legs and new adorable baby and husband going back to work all too soon!

    Maybe someday you'll get to enjoy the wonderful world of toddler plus newborn...you think your tired now! I didn't think there was another level of tired!

    ReplyDelete