Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reasons I Love Work

I am a very pessimistic person when it comes to my job. It seems that every day I find something new to complain about. The customers I talk to, the people I work with, the hours, everything. I'm creative like that. Because really, its not that bad...like, at all. So to dispell the pessimism that has been slowing growing as the days outside get longer (and nicer) and my tummy grows bigger (and more uncomfortable), I decided to write a list of why my job ain't that bad...

1. My husband works literally five away from me...and we get to carpool. Not that we actually work together or anything. He's way more important and does a lot more complicated things...like with computers and software and stuff. I get lucky if I can open Word.

2. FREE AIRCONDITIONING! Our air conditioning...sucks. It takes literally 3 hours to cool down our 1500sqft apartment. Its ridiculous especially when lugging around baby alien and everything. But at work? I get 9 hours of fantastic coolness. Not to mention, I go in at 8am when its still cool outside and leave at 5pm when it is (supposed) to start getting cooler. Thus, making our electricity bill hit an all-time low last month. Boo yah!

3. Cool people. I work with 6 girls, all around my age who gossip with the best of them...and yeah, occasionally there's drama.....but I love drama so its all good.

4. Dress Code: Don't wear sweats...unless you really want to. Shuper Shweet.

5. Hulu: I used to work until 7pm everyday so this one isn't as relevant now, but when you're here and there isn't anyone else around, hit up that Hulu!

6. I talk to the MOST interesting people. Yeah, a lot of them can be annoying and demanding. But when someone wants to sue you personally for a crappy paint job...you just gotta laugh. AND one time I got a call from a Canadian Radio station who prank called me, live on the radio, saying they painted their cat and didn't know what to do...the worst part...i totally believed them. whoops.

7. Oh yeah, my LIFE is at that office. From the majority of my food, to all my favorite books, to some of my personal files and my checkbook...I'm at the offce waaaay more than our apartment and as a result, my personal life has migrated with me. Which is fine by me, because it is way more organized here (at work, that is) than it is at home.

8. I only have two and a half months left there. Yeah, I love it blah blah blah, but the nicest thing is that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment