Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm the Tim Gunn of This Household...

Let's just start this off by saying that Finn really loves the color red. So much so that this morning he picked out these awesome jeans, a red t-shirt and a red sweater. Needless to say I had to tone that down ASAP:



Oh man, things are busy around here. With my school and Finn's school and life being crazy and whatever, I am so tired. And, to enhance my children's chances at becoming amazing artists I made a craft box. A box. Full of crafts. The kids are all over it all the time. Glitter, paint, masks, pom-poms, GOOGLY EYES. It's tops, man. It's also exhausting...I'm cleaning up neon colored craft paraphernalia all the time.

And then there's Isla (who is thankfully submitting to pigtails more often, lessening her urchin-like appearance a little more:)). She is such a scoundrel. She's been religated to wearing a backpack with a leash on it any time we go out. Because she loves to run away from me. And climb out of large shopping carts. And talking to strangers. And hiding in department stores. And escaping her stroller.


She drives me crazy. But I love her, so I'll take it. And Finn's caught on, because he knows that if I'm distracted he needs to grab her shirt. And if she tries to run away he pulls her over. It sounds cruel but I actually think it's very noble of him. Isla trying to run into the street? Not on his watch!



Oh, and it's my birthday next week!  And to celebrate the universe decided to schedule the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special the day before so I could get my party on early. Thank you, universe.

And now, I must get back to writing a paper about something that I'll figure out hopefully soon. It's all seeming a bit futile at the moment, but I shall persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment