Sunday, May 26, 2013

Isla's First Birthday! Also, I'm on a Plane!


I am currently writing this while flying over the great plains of somewhere flat in the U.S of A. How cool is that?

Not as cool as Isla’s first birthday, that’s how cool!

I’m in an airplane.

Anyway, Isla’s birthday.

Her party was going to be at the park but it got rained out so we rolled with it and threw a killer bash at our house.

It was 10am and I was pumping kids full of sugar left and right. A total blast (for them). We had a decorate-your-own cookie station, a HUGE cake (thanks again to une boulangere Amanda :), and cupcakes.

Diabetes.

I know it is just coincidence but Finn hasn’t taken a nap since that day and I think it is because his blood is like, 10% pure sugar now.

(Which ultimately means that the party was a success)

Now, on to the birthday girl herself. Isla is fantastic. Sleeping pretty good, walking and running like a maniac and talking so much gibberish it’ll make your heart melt.

That’s all fine and everything. I’m proud, I am…Plus! Look at that face!

But yesterday I told Finn we were leaving the park and he said, “but Mom! I just hanging out, being groovy!”

I made him repeat it, lest my ears deceived me (They did not deceive me).

I obviously say that way too much… in any case, that right there. It was like I knew I’d made it as a mother.

He also yelled ‘dammit!’ at the ipad, too…something I also take credit for but am not as proud of…maybe just a little though, is that weird? We’ll leave that for another day……….

Then later in the car I turned on The Format and he asked to listen to the new Daft Punk instead. No joke. That kid is going places.

And now Luke and I are heading to Chicago to live it up for three days and I’ve already gone into the bathroom twice to cry because I miss my kiddos and I really wish they were here.

My life. It will never be not complicated. Fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment