Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You say 'delicate'. I say 'barge-like'...

Yes, the phrase 'delicate condition' when referring to pregnancy might not be entirely accurate.

You walk into a room and no one thinks how 'delicate' you look...honestly, it looks like I could run through a brick wall with all that girth around my midsection at the moment...

This is only my humble opinion. I'm not about to try it.

And then there are the not-so-delicate sounds of my pregnant self. I had a moment of clarity today...an epiphany if you will...being pregnant is like being a big ship in that every time you move you make a noise.

Go with me, here.

Bending down to pick something up? That takes an 'harumph'. Picking Finn up? You'll hear me 'oomph' at that one. Most other movements require only a slight groan or sigh. Sometimes a swear word depending on the circumstances (take for instance, picking Finn up out of a muddy puddle today that he was sitting in and then bending down to pick up all my bags. Oy. My back wimpers at the thought of it).

Yeah, nothing delicate about that, trust me.

But guess what? The barge-like phase seems to indicate the winding down phase of this business as well (can I get a hallelujah?!)...which is good because I'm not sure how much longer I'd like to be this variety of delicate.

And last but not least, there is the case of the disappearing feet. Authorities are baffled and hope to find the culprit before these tootsies are completely gone :) 



Up Next: The nursery, revealed! Stay tuned, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment